jumia nigeria

Friday 2 November 2012

The secret of Britain’s oldest man hitting 110 Years

BRITAIN’S oldest man, who celebrates his 110th birthday on Sunday, puts the secret to his long life down to a mysterious drink given to him by a doctor in India when he was a young man.

The Rev Reg Dean, who has now built up a collection of 11 telegrams from the Queen, was born on November 4 1902, just two years after the death of Queen Victoria and has seen 25 prime ministers enter Downing Street.
And he clearly recalls being given the unidentified elixir by the medic: “He said, ‘if you drink this you will live forever’ - and this is the result,” remembers the super centenarian.
Reg was born in Tunstall, Staffordshire, on November 4, 1902 and after becoming a minister, he served as an army chaplain in Burma during the Second World War.
He returned to England in 1945 and became a teacher before being ordained a church minister in 1968. He retired aged 80.
Reg Dean
Long life ... Reg as a chorister aged 12 and after becoming a minister in 1932
 
 
And the three-times married father-of-one’s memory remains sharp: “I remember before the days of tarmac, the roads were all dust heaps,” he recalls.
“I can remember hearing about the sinking of the Titanic when I was at my uncle’s farm.”
Rev Reg Dean 
 
But, it hasn’t always been plane sailing for playful Reg who has diced with death on more than one occasion.
“I’m lucky to be here,” he said. “When I was a chaplain in Burma I remember there was shell fire many times - I think they were trying to get me.
“I don’t feel my age - sometimes I may be 111 and other times 108. I think it’s amazing but then it’s not surprising, I’m in good health and I believe I must have a guardian angel.
Would you love to live this long?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...