jumia nigeria

Thursday 26 December 2013

Man Crowned MR UGLY Says ''Girls fight for me now because i have celebrity status'' (PHOTO)

Mr Ugly, William Masvinu says women are throwing themselves at his feet. But he is not interested. Scooping the Mr Ugly title twice in a row is undisputable testament that Harare man, Masvinu, is indeed very ugly and deserves the accolade. Masvinu who shares his mobile with his wife Alice Chabhanga who is almost always by his side, said he does not have time for ‘girls’. “Zvevasikana handina dhiri nazvo, I have my own girl at home and one needs to be careful these days because there are diseases,” said

Masvinu. Masvinu is confident of his looks and is unfazed by people who stare at him in the streets. “My ugliness comes naturally to me and although I did a bit to prepare for the show, I let my looks do the rest. Now I am a celebrity, when people meet me in the street they shout Mr Ugly and I wave at them happily,” he said. Masvinu, who is a part time mechanic, revealed that he has also ventured into acting and features in a film titled Fuse Yatsva which has already been produced.
“These days I spend time selling my film on the streets of Harare and people like it,” he said. Last year, the 39-year-old was quoted bemoaning the lack of corporate support for “celebrities” like him. He said as the reigning Mr Ugly Harare, he should be in the same league with superstars such as Oliver Mtukudzi. “Despite my celebrity status, my life hasn’t changed and I still struggle to make ends meet,” he said.
“The corporate world should support me as I am a celebrity just like other musicians and top people,” he said. But, he added, as a celebrity he now enjoys numerous free drinks and beer and often gets into shows without paying as people “respect” his celebrity status. It is just a matter of time before Masvinu proves how far he can go as a celebrity or whether he will make headlines for grabbing other people’s wives

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...