jumia nigeria

Saturday 19 October 2013

Chimamanda Isiguzo Needs $16,500 For Immediate Heart Surgery

 
My birthday wish: A heart for Chimamanda

By Paul Ibe
Her name is Chimamanda Isiguzo. She is only two years and 10 months old. Like for every baby, her parents, Mr and Mrs Azubuike Isiguzo had great dreams for her. But that dream may be marred by the discovery, after an initial diagnosis and conclusive tests that Chimamanda has a heart problem. According to the Echocardiogram report signed by Dr. Chinyenre Uzodimma, Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist at X-Serve Clinics in Surulere, Lagos, little Chimamanda indicated "complex cyanotic congenital heart disease." Consequently the doctor recommended "cardiac catheterization and angiogram; surgery." Well the good news is that there is a diagnosis of the medical problem of Chimamanda, who incidentally has started kindergarten school.However, she cannot do what other kids do as she tires easily as a result of her condition. The bad news: her parents cannot afford the cost of the surgery in India, due to financial constraints.
  Specimen Of Hospital Bill
Last week I got a call from Mrs. Hope Isiguzo, the mother of Chimamanda who got my number from well wishers who had erroneously thought that I was still a practising Journalist at THISDAY Newspapers. Incidentally shortly before Mrs. Isiguzo's call, I had been confronted while coming out of a bank in Asokoro area of Abuja by a man soliciting for help on behalf of a woman requiring surgery for hernia. I was too preoccupied with my own challenges and plans for my upcoming birthday celebrations on Friday, October 18 to pay heed to that SOS. However, when I got the call inundating me with the medical condition of little Chimamanda, I had the feeling that my plans for my birthday celebrations was going to change remarkably. Coincidentally, I was headed for the prospective venue of the birthday groove to seal the deal!
Like most people, I had longed for this birthday because in spite of all odds, I would be ushering in another brand new year in my journey of life. And like majority, I may not have gotten all that I had wished (some that were already in the kitty may have been lost), but I had every reason to be grateful for the gift of life.

 Specimen Of Hospital Bill
My Dear Friends, I have decided to postpone my birthday celebrations (apologies to all those who had started the preparations with me) for another day. My one birthday wish is to give CHIMAMANDA Isiguzo an opportunity to get a much-needed heart surgery so that she may one day blossom like Chimamanda Adichie of the "Half of a Yellow Sun", "Purple Hibiscus" and "Americanah" fame. When I started getting congratulatory messages one week ahead of my special day, I had a premonition that the Day was yet going to be laden with blessings.
I knew for a fact that I will not be able to do this alone. And that was why I decided to partner with my friends at "CKN Nigeria", award winning bloggers and online newspaper who have a track record in matters of this nature and you my good friends who have showed me immeasurable love over the years. My birthday will be most memorable if you contribute to the CHIMAMANDA ISIGUZO help fund. No donation can ever be considered too small. My prayer is that even as you do this for little Chimamanda, God will do for you what you cannot do for yourself. The cost of surgery at Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India with 10 days hospital + post discharge stay/accommodation + air tickets (for parents and baby) is approximately $16,500 or N2,673,000 (at exchange rate of N162 to 1$US). The details of the account domiciled at Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) are as follows:
Account Name:        CHIMAMANDA ISIGUZO
Account Number:      0114806586
Sort Code:              058152269
Swift Code:             GTBINGLA
Source: cknnigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...